About Robert Raines
- Building and leading technical teams as a compassionate servant leader.
- Evaluating and negotiating with technology vendors with laser focus on ROI.
- Data engineering from design to development, especially on wildly heterogeneous data.
- Balancing mission against security across policy, architecture, and end users systems.
- Teaching and mentoring
I've been fortunate enough to
- Build engineering and internal technology teams from scratch to over 15 engineers, both internationally and domestically
- Guide a startup's technology team from seed through series B.
- Guest lectured at George Mason on law and policy for big data.
- Data engineering, systems and security architecture, and AWS cloud integration for the US Intelligence Community.
- Extensive international travel for work and fun.
- Humility and openness to feedback leading to personal growth.
- Building and working in diverse teams.
- Working through challenges to establish productive, stable relationships.
- I strive always to be kind, honest, and fair.